We are delighted to be your source for downloadable tools to support reading instruction in your classroom. Check in here for graphic organizers, ideas for activities, reading strategies, and more.
- Picture Card Activities to go with Pioneer Valley Picture Card Set
- Word Card Activities to go with Sight Word Box Set
- Partner Reading Strategies
- "Think About It" Graphic Organizer for Nonfiction
- Guided Reading Lesson Planning Sheet for Informational Text
- Using Elkonin Boxes
- Video demos of Elkonin Boxes: 1 | 2
- Learning Letters
- Quizzes on Accelerated Reader
- What is a Folk Tale? Reference Notes
- Teaching for Fluency: Changing Support Over Time
Pioneer Valley Books with free downloadable lesson plans
Many of our books have free guided reading lesson plans available on our website. Here is a current list of the sets that have lesson plans available. Look for the "Additional Resources" tab that indicates lesson plans are available.