The Literacy Footprints Guided Reading Assessment is a complete kit that includes high-quality leveled assessment books written for the purpose of assessment; a teaching guide; a video tutorial on how to code, score, and analyze running records; printable online assessment forms; and an online student tracker for recording and monitoring student progress.
By using the assessment tool, teachers will be able to:
- determine a student’s independent and instructional reading levels
- observe strategic reading behaviors, fluency, comprehension, and writing skills
- make decisions about guided reading group placement
- connect assessment to instruction
- monitor student progress
Using the Literacy Footprints Guided Reading Assessment will help teachers determine their students’ independent and instructional reading levels. Teachers can observe student reading behaviors one-on-one; assess comprehension, fluency, phonics and phonemic awareness, and writing skills; and make informed decisions to plan effective and efficient guided reading lessons.
This kit contains a collection of interesting and engaging leveled books that match with the Literacy Footprints Guided Reading System.
The Literacy Footprints Guided Reading Assessment includes books with beautiful illustrations and photographs, familiar characters, and carefully crafted plots that will motivate and engage students, creating a positive assessment experience.
Each book has been developed to match up to the Literacy Footprints Guided Reading System in order to accurately pinpoint a student’s appropriate guided reading placement.
The books were developed by Michèle Dufresne, author of many of the most favorite books at Pioneer Valley and co-author of the Literacy Footprints Guided Reading System. Each book was written and revised to ensure the two books at each level get accurate results, aligning with each other and the text level. The books were piloted by experienced literacy teachers working with a diverse population of students.
The Literacy Footprints Guided Reading Assessment was specifically created to help teachers easily identify students’ instructional and independent reading levels, and to do that with ease, speed, and affordability. Using these kits two to three times during the school year, teachers can:
- accurately assess students’ progress
- assess needs for intervention
- inform teachers on readiness to advance to more challenging reading and writing activities
- define specific lesson numbers to begin instruction if teachers are using the Literacy Footprints Guided Reading System and pinpoint instruction
- determine a student’s independent and instructional reading levels, and observe strategic reading behaviors, fluency, comprehension, and writing skills
easily and accurately assess student reading levels within a defined benchmark system for schools not using Literacy Footprints
The Literacy Footprints Guided Reading Assessment comes in a portable, sturdy box equipped with a handle.
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- 28 books (2 at each level) created expressly for our Assessment Kits, featuring the characters that readers of Pioneer Valley Books and Literacy Footprints know and love
- A teaching guide created to make planning, implementation, and data interpretation simple and successful
- A video tutorial that walks you through coding, scoring, and analyzing running records
- Printable online assessment forms, available on demand for our Assessment users
- An Online Student Data Tracker to simplify the process of recording and monitoring student progress, and simplify sharing information with administrators and parents
- Optional upgrade to include digital versions of each assessment title