In Tandem Kindergarten launches young students into literacy using a research-based approach, engaging books, and extensive multisensory materials. The easy-to-follow lesson plans guide teachers step-by-step in delivering effective instructional practices. A tightly woven scope and sequence ensures students build the letter-sound correspondence and spelling-pattern knowledge needed for strong decoding and encoding skills. These lesson plans are designed around a phonics focus and a comprehension focus, allowing teachers to confidently deliver high-quality explicit instruction in phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, writing, and fluency that meets kindergarten expectations and standards. The Reading and Writing Activity Books make lesson preparation fast and easy for teachers and provide students with opportunities to revisit and practice new skills.
Scope and Sequence/Book List [PDF]
Watch In Tandem in action!
Each In Tandem Kindergarten kit includes
- 6 copies each of 48 Phonics Storybooks titles
- 6 copies each of 48 fiction and nonfiction books
- 48 lesson cards, each with a 5-day framework
- Bella & Rosie’s ABC Books (2nd edition)
- 25 copies of In Tandem Kindergarten Reading and Writing Activity Book One
- 25 copies of In Tandem Kindergarten Reading and Writing Activity Book Two
- 6 copies of Digraph-Blend Chart Cards
- 6 copies of ABC/Sound Box Chart Cards
- 6 Plastic Write-On Sleeves