Ships in February 2020—Pre-order today!
Mini-lessons for Whole-Group Instruction
Each grade level kit includes 12 carefully curated trade books, partnered with a corresponding lesson directly linked to the comprehension strategies of the Literacy Footprints lessons. Each book has been selected to reflect engaging illustrations, strong storylines, and a powerful opportunity to teach for deeper meaning. These whole-group lessons provide teachers with the framework to introduce students to the comprehension strategies that will comprise upcoming guided reading lessons.
The Literacy Footprints Interactive Read-Aloud will provide teachers with:
- Lesson plans to pre-teach comprehension strategies
- A carefully curated collection of trade books with corresponding lesson plans
- Downloadable materials for teacher support
- Prompts and language to encourage students to think about text as they read
- Lesson plans that motivate students to engage with their reading
- Formats that align closely with the instructional model of Literacy Footprints