|Full-day workshops with two sessions
|Three-hour single sessions
Our Professional Learning workshops are led by literacy experts trained by the coauthors of the Literacy Footprints system, Jan Richardson and Michèle Dufresne. For more information email contactus@pioneervalleybooks.
Launching Literacy Footprints Workshops
Literacy Footprints Workshops are designed to foster understanding of the what, why, and how-to of teaching guided reading across the grade-level Literacy Footprints kits.
- Kindergarten and First Grade Kits (Beginner Steps, Emergent, and Early Readers)
- Second Grade and Third Grade Kits (Early and Transitional Readers)
- Fourth Grade and Fifth/Sixth Grade Kits (Fluent Readers)
- Intervention Partner Kit (Levels A–N)
- Assessing Students for Guided Reading Using the Literacy Footprints Guided Reading Assessment
Focused workshops are designed to dig deeper into specific guided reading topics. Sessions are intended for those who are already familiar with the Literacy Footprints Guided Reading System.
- Teaching Guided Reading Remotely
- Developing Strategic Readers
- Selecting and Introducing Books
- Word Study: Emergent and Early Lessons
- Word Study: Transitional and Fluent Lessons
Spotlight on Standards
COMING IN 2021! Spotlight on Standards connects your teachers with research-based proven practices in the what, why, and how-to of teaching reading across the guided reading continuum. Each session focuses on a specific standard—reading literature, informational, foundational skills, and/or writing standards—and include explicit demonstrations with books, lessons, and materials.
On-Demand sessions are prerecorded presentations delivered by literacy experts Jan Richardson and Michèle Dufresne. Each is designed around a specific topic aligned with Literacy Footprints.
- Beginner Steps
- Introduction to Word Study
- Word Study: Emergent and Early
- Word Study: Transitional and Fluent
- Running Records: Coding, Scoring, and Analyzing