Stepping Together Kindergarten offers dynamic whole-group explicit instruction that engages all students in interactive phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, and writing activities. The lessons follow a systematic scope and sequence aligned with grade-level expectations. The lessons grow in complexity across the year, building comprehension, fluency, and vocabulary skills. Engaging follow-up activities and hands-on literacy centers extend the learning. Stepping Together will engage every student in your classroom and foster a love of reading and writing.
SCOPE AND SEQUENCE INFO [PDF]
Watch Stepping Together in action!
Each Kindergarten Stepping Together kit includes
- 3 copies each of 35 titles
- A comprehensive teaching guide that provides detailed instructions for teaching procedures and supports a smooth implementation
- 175 days of whole-group lesson plans
- 3 lap-sized books for read-aloud of Nursery Rhymes, songs, and chants
- Dry-erase lapboards for 24 students
- 24 copies each of 25 “Super Stories” bundled into 5 distinct week-long booklets — decodable texts to support phonics instruction
- Built-in progress monitoring and summative assessments for every module
- Downloadable resources
- One-year Teacher subscription for the Digital Reader
- Various classroom materials to support instruction, including Letter Card Set, Picture Cards Box Set, ABC Chart Cards, Sally the Cow Hand Puppet, and more.